Wednesday, March 28, 2012

#72 Regular is Good

I love overhearing Brecken's conversation with friends when she doesn't know I am listening. Especially when it goes like this:

Friend: Guess what Brecken.
Brecken: What?
Friend: I know what I want to be when I grow up.
Brecken: You do? What is it?
Friend: A fashion model. I was wearing this belt to school the other day one of my mom's friends said, "You look like a little fashion model!" And I was wearing the shirt with the... (yada, yada), and my shoes that are... (etc. etc.)
Brecken: (in sincere amazement) Wow. That's sooo cool. I know what I want to be when I grow up too.

...Pause. I have never had this conversation before with Brecken. Until this moment I assumed she was ignorant that one could make plans that far distant. My curiosity was piqued. Immensely. A dozen glamorous professions that might interest Brecken passed though my mind as I waited for her to continue...

Brecken: Just a regular mom.

Regular is very good.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hurray!!!! I'm so glad you posted! Brecken is so cute!