Wednesday, October 24, 2012

#83 Lately

We had in our possession a "Mr. Wonderful" doll. For those who don't know what that is, you push his hand and he says all kinds of wonderful things most wives only dream of hearing. For example, "The ball game isn't really that important. I'd rather spend time with you!" and so on and so forth.

He happens to be the same size and of similar make as a Cinderella doll we have. Taylor had been on a kick of playing with the two of them as sweet hearts (in a very cute and innocent four-year-old way). While observing her I found it odd that she kept referring to Cinderella as "Lately." For example she would say (in her man-ish voice), "Oh, Lately, I love your hair," and, "Your dress is so beautiful, Lately," and "Lately... Where are you Lately?" She's come up with odd names before so initially I chalked it up to that. Until she pressed the hand of Mr. Wonderful. She's done it dozens of times, and I've heard it before, but this time when I heard Mr. Wonderful say:

"Have I told you I love you lately?"

It all made sense.

No comments: