Wednesday, January 9, 2013

#86 Christmas Songs 2012

For those of you who remember  #69 The First Noel, I think I am seeing a trend: Christmas song lyrics. I don't know what it is about them, but they are high on the misinterpretation list:

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas:

Original: Oh, ho, the mistletoe--hung where you can see!
Harrington sung: Oh, ho, the mistletoe--Hungry as can be! (Both girls)

Angels We Have Heard On High:

Original: Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria! In excelsis Deo!
Harrington sung: Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria! In a stable go-o. (Taylor)

Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful:

Original: Oh, come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant!
Harrington sung: Oh, come, all ye faithful, joyful and obnoxious! (Brecken)

Honestly I don't know where the last one came from. Two sizable words, both definitions unknown, same number of syllables: it could happen to anyone I guess.

Looking forward to 2013 :)





No comments: