Friday, April 18, 2014

#111 Sing to the Boys

The scene is Sunday evening in my parent's home. Each of my children is playing with one of the many cousins scattered throughout the house. In run my nephews, James and Luke. Both are panting, with a look similar to fear on each of their faces.

"Aunt Reni! Help us! Hallie is chasing us! She is singing FROZEN to us!!! It's a girl movie! We hate it!!!"

At that moment Hallie comes strolling in, with a look of innocence on her face, quietly singing a little tune from Frozen--both boys immediately make a run for it, moaning all the way out of the room--and Hallie meanders in their direction, still singing.

Oh, Hallie. I don't know what to do with her. She is such a.... stinker!

On the other hand she can be so sweet. Let's flash forward two weeks. Hallie is quietly coloring, with a look of sweetness marking her features. She looks up at me, smiles, and says, "I love Luke and James. I wish we could invite them over.Can we please invite them over?"

Such sweetness! My heart is melted, and she is totally redeemed of all wrong-doing.

"I really want to sing Frozen," she adds as her grin broadens.

Never mind--back to, "Oh, Hallie."

No comments: