Wednesday, March 31, 2010

#50 Little Sayings

Little Miss Smarty Pants this morning walked to the fridge after breakfast and stated "I'm gonna check on the pamerika." Yes, you read that right, and yes I heard it right, and yes I was as much in the dark as you. Of course I asked her to repeat herself and she so matter of factly said "The pamerika. I'm going to check on the pamerika and see how it's doing."

Ok. It clicked. Her and Russ had made tapioca the night before and left in the fridge to cool... this is what she called "pamerika" I had to laugh, and it brought to mind a few other quirks in her vocabulary...

With Brecken, it isn't a heart-beat, it's a heart-beep.

Anything with "ul" turns into "li" for example
Ambulance=Amblience
Fabulous=Fablious
Turbulence=Turblience

No matter how often we go over it, she doesn't need anything, she meeds things.

When feeling especially grateful she will thank me in spanish... sort of... with a very gringa "Glacias!"

And her quirky way of asking questions. It's never "What does (fill in the blank) mean?" It's always "What means (fill in the blank)?"

I know there are a dozen others, but this is what comes to mind. The little cutie.

No comments: