Tuesday, October 22, 2013

#96 Words I'll Miss

A few weeks ago Hallie came to me and said, "Mama! Guess what I can say!!! YOgurt." This was simultaneously cute and sad to me. She used to call it "lo-gut."It has given me cause to reflect on some of the words that I don't get to hear any more.

"Biss-team" instead of "Ice cream"
"Biss-mallow" instead of "Marshmallow"
"Biss-oach"instead of "Cockroach" 

(come to think of it, I think her fall back for anything unpronounceable was "biss")

"Monkey" instead of "Brecken"
The predictable "Basghetti" instead of "Spaghetti"
"Planno" instead of "Piano"
"Bomana" instead of "Banana"
"Lellow" instead of "Yellow"

And a personal favorite: When Hallie spins she isn't "dizzy" she is "busy."

Ah, the good old days. But as Hallie learns to say things the right way, Jack is learning just to say things. I can't wait for a whole new slue of mispronounced words. 

No comments: