Friday, November 13, 2009

#38 Grandma Good

For my birthday this year my family consorted behind my back to surprise me with a visit. To ensure that I (and my house) would at least be presentable when they arrived, Russ told me that his mom would be stopping by some time that evening.

Brecken was also made aware and was excitedly awaiting Grandma Good. Much to all of our surprise it was not Grandma Good but Grandma Allen. Squeals form Brecken erupted. After about twenty minutes the excitement had somewhat dulled and Brecken started looking around...

Brecken: Wait. When's Grandma Good coming over?
Russ: Honey, she's not. Grandma Allen came instead.
Brecken: (shoulders slump) But I thought Grandma Good was coming!

Ah, little children. I have a feeling that if we told Brecken we were going swimming and we ended up in Disneyland, she'd look around and say "But where's the pool?"

No comments: