Friday, November 13, 2009

#40 Beautiful Clothes

Brecken picked out my birthday present all by herself this year. A necklace. Very sweet. So yesterday I thought I'd put it on to show her how much I love it (i've worn it several times I promise)

Brecken: Oh mom, your necklace is so lovely!
Me: Thank you hon!
Brecken: (looks me up and down) Ummm.... do you think you could put on some beautiful clothes to wear with it?
Me: Well, I thought my clothes were pretty.
Brecken: (gives me a polite, but disapproving half smile) Well... your shirt is ok... but your pants are not beautiful. Come into your closet. I'll pick something out for you.

Something is wrong with this picture. Since when do four year olds feel the need to advise their mothers on their wardrobe?? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

1 comment:

Karen's Korner said...

Reni--I just got through catching up on reading these cute things Brecken says, and I've just got to tell you....KEEP WRITING 'EM DOWN! How WONDERFUL for you to do! Her little sayings are DARLING! And they make me laugh SO MUCH!! That little "Ring-a-bell" made me laugh and laugh! What a DOLL she is!!

I wish Kam would take the time to write down what Sammie says (in the WAY she says it), cause she says some sweet things, too! But meanwhile, I'm delighted to read about that marvelous beautiful little doll, Brecken!

(By the way---Taylor seemed to like me really well at the Christmas party this year. She kept coming up to me and smiling at me and seeming to think I was someone she KNEW...I'd sure like to get to know her better. Isn't she beautiful???) I hope all is well with you guys! Love, Aunt Karen