Tuesday, October 27, 2009

#23 What Four Year Olds Dream

After asking Brecken what woke her up in the middle of the night she said (on the verge of crying)

"I had a bad dream! I had a dream that I was at a campfire and some mean witches came, and they made us golden diamonds, well that wasn't bad, that was good, and they had band-aids on their backs, and they tried to pull them off, and then they flew away on their brooms, and then some ghosts came, and they only liked kids, and we were kids so they like us, but then we grew up and we weren't kids, so they didn't like us, and then they tried to kill us, so I woke up!"

I wish I could say I was the loving, sympathetic mother who hugged and comforted... But before I could do that I had to laugh. I couldn't help myself. And then of course the hugging and the comforting etc.

No comments: