Saturday, January 29, 2011

#57 Strange Words

While playing with a stuffed animal Brecken said to me "Mom, this is weird. One of the eyes is smooth, and the other eye is lither." She said it so matter of factly that I almost believed she knew a word I wasn't yet privy to. So I had to ask, "Smooth and what?"
"Smooth and lither." She obviously saw my confusion because she continued "You know, bumpy and... unsmooth."

Whelp. She had me there. Normally, I have a pretty good idea what the original vocabulary word is that she's revamping. When she comes running, screaming "Taylor is playing with the poop plusher!" I can connect the dots... ah! she means plunger. The gross thing we don't play with because it gets poop on it.

But lither... I'm stumped. But I think it's cute she thinks it's a word (well she did until I told her it wasn't).

No comments: