Saturday, January 29, 2011

#58 Her Word

Brecken: Mom, can I please watch a movie?
Me: No, we already watched one today.
Brecken: Mom please, I'll be a good girl.
Me: I'm glad you'll be good, but the answer is still no.
Brecken: (solemnly) You have my word.
Me: (never hearing that from her before I can't help but chuckle out loud) I have your word that what?
Brecken: (a little frustrated) Mom. You know. You have my word.
Me: What do you think that means?
Brecken: It means, you heard my words saying that I want to watch a movie, and now you have them, so you want to do them. So now you'll let me watch a movie.
Me: (continued audible chuckling... I couldn't help it)

Boy, was that a misinterpretation! I wish we could force our will on others with only four easy words.

1 comment:

Kam said...

This is one of my VERY favorite conversations you've recorded so far! It may be that I'm reading this waaaaay late in the evening. But it hit me sooo funny. I'm just sitting here laughing out loud to myself. She is just too cute!