Saturday, January 29, 2011

#60 How Much Do You Love Me?

This actually took place about two years ago, and whenever I think of it, I get a little chuckle, and since I don't want to forget it... I'll jot it down here.

After I had reprimanded Brecken for something (two years is too long to remember any particulars), I wanted to be sure that she knew I still loved her. The following conversation took place in her bedroom:

Me: Brecken, you know that I love you, right?
Brecken: Yeah.
Me: Do you know how much I love you?
Brecken: Huh uh.
Me: I love you more than anything.
Brecken: (seeming unimpressed stayed silent)
Me: (realizing she's not grasping the concept of anything) I love you more than chocolate.
Brecken: (now enthused and amazed) You do?! I love you too!!! (big hug. now eager to return the compliment) I love you more than.... (looks around her room at all of her earthly possessions) more than... (still looking... aha, I can see she has settled on something) I love you more than strangers!


Wow. It was almost as though I could see her making mental notes: Let's see, more than my doll house? No. More than my stroller? No. Umm... More than my stuffed animals? No. More than my books?.... Maybe... No. Hey! I know what I love her more than! People I don't know and have never met, and therefore have no feelings for! That's a good one!

Haha, it was actually too funny to get my feelings hurt over. And she has since told me that she loves me more than movies. And that's big. So I'm good.

No comments: